Refunding attendees if my event is cancelled
Please note that in the event of a cancellation, you are legally required to refund the buyers. We also remind you that it is your responsibility to inform the buyers of the cancellation and the refund terms you have chosen. You may also be required to refund your buyers if you make a significant change to your event.
If you wish to refund attendees without your event being cancelled, please refer to this article instead.
We strongly recommend that you follow this process:
- Close online sales by placing your event in draft status or hiding ticket types. This way, visitors to your site will no longer be able to buy tickets.
- Send an e-mail to our billing department at [email protected] to inform us of this cancellation and to set up the refund process. Be sure to specify your organiser number and the number of the event.
- Export the email addresses of all your buyers to notify them and inform them of the refund terms (details, deadlines, etc.).
There are two ways to manage refunds for your event:
1. You would prefer to manage refunds yourself
If you have already received the funds from the orders to be refunded, you can manage refunds yourself. This is easier if you have few orders to refund.
Thus, you will refund the customers by your own means (cheque, bank transfer, etc.).
As a reminder, you are legally obliged to refund the total price paid by the customer, i.e. the price of the ticket + Weezevent’s commission.
2. You would prefer Weezevent to manage the refunds
At your request, we can refund the money to the bank card the customer used when they placed their order (for customers who paid online).
In this case we will send you 2 invoices:
- One for the amount to be refunded to the customers (price paid by each customer). Commissions are still due to be paid.
- The second for the €2 (excl. tax) refund fees charged for every refunded order.
As soon as these two invoices are paid, we will proceed with refunding the bank card used by the customers, and you will be immediately informed as you will receive a copy of the email sent to your customers. Generally, the customers’ bank account is credited within 1-3 business days, or at the end of the month in the case of a deferred debit card.
Important: If the relevant order(s) have not yet been paid to you on the day of your request, we will refund your customers directly, at no cost. The order will no longer be visible in your interface
If you would like to process partial refunds (e.g. refunding €10 of a €15 purchase), you will need to send us an excel file with 2 columns: one with the order number and the second with the amount (incl. tax) to be refunded – please ensure that you use a point as decimal separator (e.g., 1.50).
Good to know: We never refund customers without your consent. If they get in touch with us asking for a refund, we direct them towards you.